Welcome to the NWPGRT Mentoring Program
The NWPGRT Mentoring Program matches people who are new to planned giving, or who are expanding their role in the field, with master level development officers.
Mentoring Program Guidelines
Applicants must be current NWPGRT members (local chapter only). Our goal is to serve people who are currently employed in the planned giving development field, actively doing fundraising on a volunteer basis, or who are looking for a job or considering a career in planned giving or development.
Applicants agree to:
- Make the first contact with their mentor and take the lead in scheduling six meetings over a six month period.
- Clearly identify their needs and develop specific questions for each meeting.
- Contact their partner and the NWPGRT Mentoring Chair if changes affect their ability to work with their mentor.
Each mentor applicant is paired with a seasoned development professional. When assigning mentors, we take into consideration:
- Matching the applicant’s needs with the mentor’s skills.
- Ensuring the applicant and mentor work in the same geographic area.
- Pairing the applicant with a mentor who works for a similar type of organization.
For questions please contact Michael Macnab, Mentoring Chair at email@example.com