Company: Portland Community College
Date Posted: Nov 3, 2017
PCC Foundation Major Gift Officer
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09177
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 5, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: 2017/2018 Salary Range: $48,237/yr to $83,640/yr. Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial expe
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient applications have been received.
Under the direction of the PCC Foundation Executive Director, the Major Gift Officer leads the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals at major donor giving levels. Portfolio constituents will include PCC alumni, PCC faculty/staff and retirees, community friends, and PCC Foundation volunteer leadership, among others. This is a pivotal development position on the Foundation team, working collaboratively with all Foundation staff and campaign and board volunteers to identify and solicit major gift donors. Fundraising will focus on gifts $25,000 and above, including planned gifts and multi-year pledges to promote student access and success and help meet the College’s strategic priorities.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
1. Manages a portfolio of prospective and current major donors with measurable outcomes for activities. This includes meeting metrics for qualifying, cultivating and soliciting significant contributions in support of the College’s and Foundation’s mission and vision.
2. Sets up, facilitates, devises strategies for and holds face-to-face meetings with major donors in promoting PCC, the PCC Foundation, and identifying donor philanthropic interests, sharing giving opportunities, and closing of gifts. Works closely with the Development and Operations Team in particular database services and annual giving in advancing major donor relationships, driving new/renewed giving, coordinating gift arrangements and documentation, and overseeing stewardship of assigned donors.
3. Advises and provides advance preparation for college leadership (e.g. College President, Associate VP of College Advancement, Campus Presidents), volunteers (Foundation Board or committee members), Executive Director, and faculty/staff for donor meetings in which they participate. As such, talented communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and relationship building abilities are essential. The Major Gift Officer will also prepare donor and event briefings, talking points, proposals, and correspondence / packets.
4. Develops ideas and implements stewardship steps to creatively recognize individual major donors in ways that reflect the PCC Foundation brand, mission, and vision.
5. Maintains accurate and timely records/contact reports of all interactions with donors utilizing fund raising database and other tracking sheets. Analyzes donor data and giving trends as needed to grow contributions.
6. Inspires and maintains positive relationships and communications with Foundation and Advancement colleagues to strengthen donor relationships and philanthropic giving to PCC. Functions as a resource and supporting team member on Foundation and Advancement events.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
– Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application’s Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, marketing, social sciences or related field( Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
Five years of professional level fundraising experience in a higher education institution or non-profit setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
– Knowledge of effective major donor fundraising techniques and practices.
– Knowledge and skills in organizing successful fundraising and major donor cultivation events.
– Knowledge of volunteer management techniques.
– Knowledge of Association of Fundraising Professionals code of ethical conduct.
– Strong interpersonal skills for building lasting donor relationships.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
– Strong computer proficiency in using standard software programs and fundraising databases and utilizing database reports for donor analysis.
– Positive attitude and collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and collegial staff support.
– Ability to work with an ethnically and culturally diverse population.
– Ability to prioritize and manage multiple donor meetings and relationships at varying stages, always driving to deepen donors’ connection to the institution via philanthropy and other engagement with the College.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Standard office environment. Recurring early/late hours (weekend/early morning/evening meetings). Minimal physical exertion required.
-Five or more years of experience in major gift work-ideally with individuals with high giving capacity-in a higher education setting or in a large nonprofit organization.
-Demonstrated basic knowledge of planned giving.
Demonstrated success at raising gifts of $25,000 or more.
-Experience with a capital campaign is desirable.
-Expertise in raising funds for a diversity of opportunities, including, but not limited to, scholarships, greatest need, academic or career technical programs, and special initiatives.
-Demonstrated ability to manage a prospect portfolio, meeting determined metrics that include dollars raised and donor contacts.
-Versatile verbal, presentation, and written communications skills, to be regularly utilized for proposals, reports, and correspondence.
-Experienced in using a donor contact management database.
-Preference for CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive Certification)
When you apply, Please be prepared to attach a document with your responses to the following Required Questions:
1. Why are you interested in working at Portland Community College?
2. PCC is committed to supporting and achieving diversity. Describe your professional or volunteer work in a diverse workplace, the insights that you have gained as a result, and how this has informed your perspective.
3. What types of fundraising goals and metrics have you been asked to meet in your major gift work?
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (3) Required Questions from the Committee – scroll to see questions below – (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either “Microsoft Word” or “.pdf” formats.
– Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
– Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
– Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
– This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
– Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
– As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1114527
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1114527